Image Map

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fall Fun and a Freebie!

Confession: I l-o-v-e the beginning of fall.  I say the beginning because in Indiana, we don't get much of this perfect temperature.  We get a few weeks of "fall" before it starts feeling like Winter.  So I've been fall-icizing everything -- home and school!
 
The kids are LOVING their new fall themed math centers! It's all about the apples, pumpkins, and earth tones people! :)
 
 
We used the cute trees from Krista Wallden to practice using dice and counting!  I try to add fine motor practice into my stations each week.  Clothespins are a cheap and easy way to get those kiddos developing their fine motor skills! :)
 
Kids pick an apple card, count them up, match them to a barrel then color them in on their apple tens frames!
 Kids pick a card and count to fill in the missing number! Great for counting on!
 
Oh man! This was my kids' first go at a Roll and Cover type game.  They ate it RIGHT up!  Of course the adorable fall graphics and oversized dice helped! 
 You can pick these math stations (and a few more!) up in my TPT store! Just click the image below!
 
 
And of course, celebrating this beautiful season doesn't end in math!  Here's a little freebie to practice matching Capital and Lowercase letters.  Get your kids up and moving with a little "mingle" game.  Give them each a card and have them spread out in the room.  Play some music and let them look for the person who finishes their match!  Then they can link arms and head over to a common place. Of course, you don't have 52 students (I hope!) so you'll have to break it apart into a couple games to get through all the letters!  I like to have mine stand on their letter on our carpet! :) Click the image to pick up your freebie!
 
 
P.S. Do you have these pens?  They are A-MAZING!  I'm in love.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your letter match freebie. Love that you call it mingle & match! :)

    ReplyDelete